Carri is an E-RYT 500. She has taught 4000 hrs, has taken over 800 hrs. of training and has led 20 yoga teacher trainings & retreats with
Drishti Yoga Teacher Training. She is also a Continued Education Provider through Yoga Alliance.
She now lives in Innsbruck, Austria to fuel her passion for the mountains, travel and outdoor adventures and is excited to be an Ambassador for Outdoor Chicks!
While attending her first Ashtanga series in Vermont with Kathy McNames she was fascinated by the way she felt not only during practice, but long afterwards. This lasting effect on body & mind led her to practice a variety of styles including Iyengar, Anusara, Yin, Forrest, Hot Yoga and of course, Vinyasa!
After spending 1 year adventure traveling in Central & South America in 2007, she completed her first 200 hr. yoga teacher training at the Yandara Institute in Baja, Mexico.
Carri has a passion for international travel & has worked at Ibiza Yoga in Spain – 2009.
For 2 years she was the Resident Instructor at Samana Chakra Yoga & Surf Retreat in Mancora, Peru for 3 months – 2009 & 2010.
In 2012 she taught at South Africa Yoga for 3 weeks.
She continually participates in a variety of workshops to further her education and understanding of the human body. She has enjoyed diverse teachings from Jason Crandell, Desiree Rumbaugh, Ana Forrest, David Swenson, David Garrigues, Baron Baptiste, Brock & Krista Cahill, Tim Miller, Kino MacGregor, Tiffany Cruikshank, Maty Ezraty, Terri McCollum and has studied Yoga Anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff, Susi Hately and Dr. Ariele Foster. In 2012 she participated in Off the Mat Leadership Training with Seane Corn, Hala Khouri and Suzanne Sterling at the Omega Institute in New York.
Other certifications include
- Core Power Yoga Sculpt
- Yoga Nidra Certification
- Power Pilates Mat Certification I & II
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Level 1 Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching
- Prenatal Yoga
Carri enjoys health, fitness, travel & various outdoor recreational activities from sea to snow & was excited to be sponsored by Athleta in 2012. In 2015 she was a Brand Ambassador for SOLS – 3D custom orthotics and held Aurorae Yoga sponsorship in 2015 & 2016.
She is currently a Brand Ambassador for Sand Cloud Beach & Travel Towels as is a proud Ambassador for OUTDOOR CHICKS in Innsbruck, Austria.
Other product sponsorships have included
- Team Vega 2013
- Justin’s Nut Butters, Kind Food Bars and Mediterranean Snacks 2012
- Sponsored by Raw Revolution 2010
She has been married for 20 years (whaaat?!). Her husband’s job as a coffee scientist (yep) has seen them living in Vermont, Chicago, Toronto, Philadelphia, Montreal, NYC, back to Chicago and now Innsbruck, Austria. She is originally from Texas where she lived 28 years. She credits these opportunities to being adaptable and open to adventure. Most of all, she just likes to have fun!
Recent Past Events
- Havana, Cuba Half Marathon 2017
- Monster Dash Half Marathon, Chicago 2016
- Central Park Half Marathon June 2014, Oct 2015
- TD 5 Boro Bike Tour, NYC May 2015
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Central Park May 2015
- 2014 Volunteer – AIDS Walk Central Park
OTHER FITNESS ENDEAVORS
- Northfork Century 100 mile bike ride Long Island, NY Aug 2012
- Athleta Sponsored Athlete 2012
- Ran Philadelphia Marathon 2011
- 3-day/60 mile Susan G. Komen walk raising $2300 for breast cancer research, Philadelphia 2011
- 2-day/37 mile Weekend to End Women’s Cancer’s walk raising $2000 for ovarian & breast cancer research, Toronto 2010
- 1 year adventure traveling in Central & South America: 5 day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu, Volcano hiking in Chile & Ecuador, Hiked the W Trail in Torres del Paine, Chile Hiked the Fitz Roy in Patagonia, Surfing in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru and Chile, Biked the “World’s Most Dangerous Road” in Bolivia.
- Hiked the Long Trail, Vermont 2000 – 270 miles
- Hiked the entire Appalachian Trail, 1999 – 2180 miles for 6 months