Carri is an E-RYT 500. She has taught 4000 hrs. and has taken over 1000 hrs. of training. She is a Continued Education Provider through Yoga Alliance and has led 22 Yoga Teacher Trainings & Retreats with Drishti Yoga Teacher Training.
She recently moved to San Antonio, Texas after living in Innsbruck, Austria for the last year and a half. Her passion for the mountains, travel and outdoor adventures continues to thrive and she’s honored to be the US Ambassador for Outdoor Chicks!
My powerful Vinyasa classes maintain attention to detail and alignment with a fun light hearted approach. My challenging Pilates/Core classes build strength & stability from the inside out. The Ashtanga Led Primary Series demonstrates a respect for a lineage that I continually return “home” to even after 20 years. I credit my sustainable practice to the balance of Yin and Restorative Yoga with plenty of food, wine and laughter. I have been married for 21 years. My husband Chris is a Coffee Scientist (yep) and his jobs have taken us to Vermont, Chicago, Toronto, Philadelphia, Montreal, NYC, back to Chicago, Innsbruck, Austria and now San Antonio, Texas where I hope to stay a while. I am originally from Arlington, Texas where I lived my first 28 years. I am extremely adaptable and open to adventure. Most of all, I just like to have fun!
My passion for Yoga began as an outdoor enthusiast seeking flexibility & cross training after hiking the entire Appalachian Trail in 1999 – 2180 continuous miles from Georgia to Maine carrying a 25 lb. backpack.
While attending my first Ashtanga series in Vermont with Kathy McNames I was fascinated by the way I felt not only during practice, but long afterwards. This lasting effect on body & mind led me to a variety of styles including Iyengar, Anusara, Yin, Forrest, Hot Yoga and of course, Vinyasa!
After spending 1 year adventure traveling in Central & South America in 2007, I completed my first 200 hr. yoga teacher training at the Yandara Institute in Baja, Mexico.
I began teaching right away and since I have an unhealthy addiction to international travel, was fortunate to capitalize on Global Teaching and Energy Exchange opportunities including:
6 weeks at Ibiza Yoga in Spain – 2009. I was the Resident Instructor at Samana Chakra Yoga & Surf Retreat in Mancora, Peru for 3 months in 2009 & 2010.
Although I was having great success as a new teacher I was craving more education. In 2011 I completed a 300 hr. Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training program specifically focused on the Primary Series in India & Italy. In 2012 I taught at South Africa Yoga for 3 weeks at a family farm a few hours south of Johannesburg near Lesotho. In 2012 I was inspired in Off the Mat Leadership Training with Seane Corn, Hala Khouri and Suzanne Sterling at the Omega Institute in New York.
Upon return home I co-founded Drishti International Yoga Teacher Training with Sarah Walsh and proceeded to lead 20 YTT’s & Retreats over the next 6 years in Mexico, India, Peru, Italy, Thailand, Costa Rica, Greece, Portugal and Napa Valley.
I am a workshop junkie and continually seek to further my education and understanding of the human body. I have enjoyed diverse teachings from Jason Crandell, Desiree Rumbaugh, Ana Forrest, David Swenson, David Garrigues, Baron Baptiste, Brock & Krista Cahill, Tim Miller, Kino MacGregor, Tiffany Cruikshank, Maty Ezraty, Terri McCollum, Simon Park and have studied Yoga Anatomy with Leslie Kaminoff, Susi Hately and Dr. Ariele Foster.
What people are saying….
“Carri is such an inspiring and motivating teacher. She encourages you to go to your edge, but also practices a lot of common sense, making practice available to anyone. She’s very free-spirited & funny. I attended her class for about a year and then pursued my yoga teacher certification. Carri’s amazing, definitely an experience going to her class!”
- Core Power Yoga Sculpt
- Yoga Nidra Certification
- Power Pilates Mat Certification I & II
- Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- Level 1 Ki-Hara Resistance Stretching
- Prenatal Yoga
- Sadie Nardini Online – Evolution & Rockstar Yoga Teacher Training
I enjoy health, fitness, & various outdoor recreational activities from sea to snow & was beyond excited to be sponsored by Athleta in 2012. In 2015 I was a Brand Ambassador for SOLS – 3D custom orthotics teaching at their facilities in New York City. I held Aurorae Yoga sponsorship in 2015 & 2016 (still use their mats) and was a Brand Ambassador for Sand Cloud Beach & Travel Towels which I take with me on every trip!
I am currently the US Ambassador for OUTDOOR CHICKS based in Innsbruck, Austria.
Other product sponsorships
- Team Vega 2013
- Justin’s Nut Butters, Kind Food Bars and Mediterranean Snacks 2012
- Raw Revolution 2010
Recent Past Events
- Innsbruck Half Marathon 2019
- Havana, Cuba Half Marathon 2017
- Monster Dash Half Marathon, Chicago 2016
- Central Park Half Marathon June 2014, Oct 2015
- TD 5 Boro Bike Tour, NYC May 2015
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk – Central Park May 2015
- AIDS Walk Volunteer Central Park 2014
OTHER FITNESS ENDEAVORS
- Northfork Century 100 mile bike ride Long Island, NY Aug 2012
- Athleta Sponsored Athlete 2012
- Ran Philadelphia Marathon 2011
- 60 mile Susan G. Komen walk raising $2300 for breast cancer research, Philadelphia 2011
- 37 mile Weekend to End Women’s Cancer’s walk raising $2000 for ovarian & breast cancer research, Toronto 2010
- 1 year adventure traveling in Central & South America: Salkantay Trek Machu Picchu, Volcano hiking Chile & Ecuador, W Trail in Torres del Paine, Chile, Fitz Roy in Patagonia, Surfing in Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Ecuador, Peru and Chile, Biked the “World’s Most Dangerous Road” Bolivia.
- Hiked the Long Trail, Vermont 2000 – 270 miles
- Hiked the entire Appalachian Trail, 1999 – 2180 miles for 6 months
This endpoint has been retired
Error: No posts found.
Make sure this account has posts available on instagram.com.
Enter your name and email below to learn how to go From Average Yoga Teacher to Stellar Badass in 5 Steps
By entering your email address you'll also be subscribed to the Vicarrious Living email list. You can unsubscribe at any time.